A single-vineyard Verdicchio that astonishes for the perfect symbiosis of tradition and innovation. The lees contact give ‘Tosius’ its fine structure, elegance and ageing potential. The name derives from Tosius, ancient Bishop of Belvedere Ostrense.
- Vintage: 2009
- Type of wine: Dry white
- Grape variety: Verdicchio 100%
- Appellation: Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi DOC Classico Superiore
- Harvest period: from end of September
- Vinification: Soft pressing of the grapes, Fermentation at low-temperature, Lees contact in stainless-steel vats, Bottle refinement
- Total acidity: 5,8 g/l
- Residual sugar: 1,9 g/l
- Bottling period: April 2010
- Alcohol: 14% vol.
- Production area: Belvedere Ostrense (AN)
- Vineyard altitude: 250 m. a.s.l
- Climate: Mild, temperate
- Soil: medium density
- Training system: Guyot
- Yield per hectare: 80 ql/ha
- Colour: Intense straw yellow with greenish hues, brilliant
- Bouquet: Elegant hints of acacia and delicate notes of field flowers
- Taste: Gentle, soft, intense and long-lasting
- Serving temperature: 10°/12° C
- Food tips: White meats, fish, shellfish
- Consume: Excellent in the first two years but has a good ageing potential.